Welcome back to the dystopian hellscape that is the Donald J. Trump 2016 presidential campaign, the campaign we Americans deserve after we started putting every halfwit and blowhard on our television channels and pretended they had good points to make.
The last of the three presidential debates will be held tomorrow evening; in the meantime, let's just get this over with, shall we?
- The day after Melania Trump dismissed claims by women that Donald Trump sexually assaulted them in a CNN interview, People magazine, who published a report of one of their own reporters being assaulted by Trump at his Florida club, has produced six witnesses who confirm the victim told them of that assault soon after it happened.
- Trump today again insisted that the women's stories were "totally fabricated." "They were made up for, I don’t know, fame, or Clinton got them to do it, or for whatever reason."
- President Barack Obama dismissed Trump claims of a "rigged" election in no uncertain terms. “He starts whining before it's even over? When things are going badly and you start blaming somebody else, then you don't have what it takes to be in this job.”
- Going full Breitbart: President Obama's half-brother and the mother of a man killed in Benghazi will be Trump's guests for the third and final debate.
- 55 retired military officers have signed a letter calling Trump "utterly unworthy of being commander in chief" and calling his behavior "antithetical to American values."
- Trump backer and Fox News host Sean Hannity took to his radio show to sputter support for Trump's claims that the world is allied against him, insisting that the "globalist establishment" is manipulating things "on a scale that is frankly, in my opinion, is reminiscent of former Soviet Union propaganda and mind control."
- The big story of this campaign: Republican efforts to save House and Senate races tainted by Trump's collapsing campaign. Democrats aren't making it easy.
- An online hoax tells Clinton voters they can vote for her online on election day rather than go to the polls themselves. This is quite obviously false.
- A Trump flyer highlighting a "Muslim" Trump supporter instead showed an image of a Sikh man who does not support him.
- Liberty University head and Trump supporter Jerry Falwell Jr. axed a story about sexual assault accusations against Trump from the university's student paper. Falwell is facing an uprising from anti-Trump students and staff, 2500 of whom signed a letter criticizing him for his continued Trump support.
- The Culinary Union plans to "build" a wall of taco trucks outside Trump's Las Vegas hotel on Wednesday. “We’re reminding Mr. Trump that immigrant workers here and across the country will be watching the debate and voting in November.”
- A new Priorities USA ad featuring Judy Shepard, mother of Matthew Shepard, warns of the dangers of "the hate that Donald Trump has brought to his campaign."
- Security experts announced that Trump's corporate email servers are running outdated software with gaping security holes.
- White evangelical voters are more likely to believe Trump has "strong moral character" than other religious groups.
- The creators of the Cards Against Humanity game are trolling Trump with an Arabic-language billboard reading "Donald Trump: He can't read this but he is scared of it anyway."
- A man who was photographed at a Trump rally holding a sign reading "Better to Grab a P***y than to Be One" has now been linked to white nationalist groups.